This is the tallest lighthouse on the Oregon coast with a tower 93 feet (28.3 meters) tall. The light was first illuminated in 1873. It was automated in 1966 and burns a 1,000 watt electric bulb. The original first-order Fresnel lens, made in France, is still in place focusing the light into a powerful beam.
A note about Fresnel lens orders. The lighthouse lenses originally fell into six orders or sizes. A fully assembled first-order lens is about 12 feet (3.7 meters) tall and 6 feet (1.8 meters) wide. A sixth-order lens would be about 17 inches (43.2 cm) tall. It seems that many of these coastal lenses are first-order allowing their beams to be seen far out to sea. The limiting factor becomes the curvature of the Earth. An interesting video describing how a Fresnel lens works is here.
Part of the Oregon Coast series.