Built in 1880, this 122 foot (37.2 meter) bridge of the Town Lattice truss type spans the Middle River in Madison County, Iowa, USA. The longest of the covered bridges in Madison County, it was featured in the movie, The Bridges of Madison County. It carries no vehicular traffic. However, it remains at its original site. Note the flat roof with the slight arch.
Part of the Bridges of Madison County series.