Mill Ends Park in Portland, Oregon is only 2 feet (0.61 meters) across. It has an area of 452 in² (0.292 m²). In 1948, it was a hole intended for a light pole. When the pole didn't arrive, Dick Fagan, a columnist for the Oregon Journal and whose office overlooked the street, planted flowers in the hole and named it after his column, Mill Ends. The park was featured in his column in subsequent years. In 1976, it became an official city park.
Part of the Roadside Oddities Series