Construction of this this neoclassical revival building was begun in 1912 and completed in 1916. This was long after Salt Lake City had donated 20 acres (8.1 hectares) of land to the Utah Territory, in 1888, for the construction of a statehouse. The exterior is granite and terra-cotta.
Check those flags. It was quite windy . . . and cold that day.
Utah State Capitol
Salt Lake City, Utah